Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day 2008

We camped in Swartswood State Park in Northern New Jersey over the long Memorial Day weekend. We went with a wonderful group of families from church and had a great time. All together we had 16 kids and 12 adults.

We enjoyed good food, a fun day at the beach, and lots of time just talking and catching up with friends. It was especially wonderful to see how nicely all the kids played together. Tristan and Calvin spent a lot of their time on their bikes, riding around from campsite to campsite. On our last night all the kids put on a talent show that was enjoyed by all.

Now that we're home, I'm surrounded by piles of laundry. A small price to pay for such a nice weekend. Next, we're looking forward to spending some time in Michigan with Grandma Sanneke and Grandpa John.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, Noah looks like such a young man! How fun to go camping!
I am hoping for lots of pictures from MI too. I hope yuo guys have a safe trip over there. Love you all!

Jessica Kok said...

Looks like fun. Pieter said "I didn't know they could camp!" He's seems shocked that other families camp.
We'll see you in a few hours!

Emily said...

It looks like so much fun! And have a good trip to the cabin too - I'm feeling quite sad that I will miss it, but I look forward to next year! I am lucky though - I did just see you a month ago!! :)

sanneke said...

Cool pictures Jenn. It looks like you had a wonderful weekend.