Saturday, May 17, 2008

Cub Scouts

Tristan recently joined Cub Scouts and yesterday he took part of the Space Derby. The Scouts each made a rocket out of wood and painted and decorated it. They then attached their rocket to a hanger on a track made of fish line, wound up the propeller, and watched it go.

We had a great evening. Tristan is very happy that his two best buddies, Steven and Jacob, are in his Bear Den. And the icing on the cake: Tristan learned that he is not allergic to Moon Pies, a very sugary yummy treat, the likes of which usually contain dairy.


The Cub Scout Promise: I promise to do my best, to do my duty to God and my country, to help other people, and to obey the Law of the Pack.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Good job Tristin! and you look so cool in your uniform!!

Jessica Kok said...

Very cool Tristan! Can't say I share your fancy for moon pies! Glad that you get to have a sugary treat though!

sanneke said...

Hi everyone,

It's great to see the pictures and get the news. Tristan--I was a "brownie" (not a moon pie) when I was your age. That's scouting for girls. Love you all!

mum/g'mum

Sarah said...

That seems like something great for him! Oh, the fun things to look forward to! Love you Jennifer!